Element Games - Wargaming Webstore

Friday 5 June 2015

Cult Mechanicus Painting Project

Cult Mechanicus Painting Project

After last weeks visit to Warhammer World and the visit to the exhibition halls I had found my inspiration for my army.






This is the Questoris Knight Styrix by Forge World painted by Mark Bedford. I just loved the gloss red armour that he achieved.

So chatting with Matt Parkes (great to work in the same building as multi Golden Daemon winner, he shared some pearls of wisdom and armed with this off I went to web to make my purchases.

Tamiya Clear Red:- Base Colour

Tamiya Clear Orange:- Highlighting

Tamiya Clear Blue:- Shading

Tamiya Clear:- Seal between layers

Tamiya Thinners:- To thin the paints water will not work

Tamiya Clear spray varnish: In between coats

So after the first night I am sitting with metal shaded model and waiting for the gloss varnish to dry. I have a feeling that this is going to be a long process. But I will try and share the highs and lows of the journey

No comments:

Post a Comment