Element Games - Wargaming Webstore

Sunday 8 November 2015

Tale of Tau Gamers: Why I chose my Army - Jay

Why I chose my Army- Jay
 
Why I chose the Tau Empire.
Since I was a boy I have had a huge love of the classic Gundam battle suites and the animated series. Over the years I have bought and built over 20 of the model kits going from their basic grade to their high grade which have detail as fine as moving fingers.  
When I saw the Tau back in 2001 and I thought hay this is a nice army but what they had made then wasn't enough to woo me to the army. But then I saw the Riptide and Broadside and that was it my love of battle suits was back and there and then I know what my games work (GW) army was going to be. I pop down to the head office with a Gareth and a few friends which was somewhere I hadn't been for many years. I walk in to the new forge world shop and there sat in one of the cabinets was a whole range of battle suits and I just had to have one so i picked up the Tau XV9 with Twin link Burst Cannons and this was a gorgeous model.
So I bought the codex, the army deal, Riptide and a Broadside. I then broke open the boxes and started building. However as I had been out of the GW hobby for a while I was behind the curve. So was a bit of a surprise when GW released a new codex and some stunning models for the Tau. The centrepiece model for me is the absolutely beautiful KV128 Stormsurge as it struck all the right chords with me and harked back to the Gundam days. I know Gareth disagrees with me but I will let him tell you, but with that model in mind  that was it I knew I had to get my army finished and ready for war.
For my army list I have gone with the Retaliation Cadre which consisted of:
  • 1 Commander
  • 1 Riptide
  • 1 Broadside
  • 3 Units of Crisis Battle Suites
As an extra I have chosen to take Commander Farsight as my character.
I am aiming for a 1500 point army.
More will follow as I add detail to my list. Currently I am working on what support systems and ranged weapons I am look to take.

 
 
So there is the first guest post from Jay. I guess I need to pull my finger out and decide on my list and written.
 
Be great to hear why you selected your armies and what inspired you. Feel free to comment below.
 
Catch you on the flip side
 


No comments:

Post a Comment