Element Games - Wargaming Webstore

Saturday 5 December 2015

WIP : Plastic Contemptor Dreadnought


WIP : Plastic Contemptor Dreadnought



This week I started assembly on the Calth boxset and I have started with the big guy.

See more images and thoughts on the Contemptor Dreadnought after the break........




I know that Forge World have had resin variants of this kit out for a few years and even though I have been tempted by them, I have never found a reason to buy one. However as it came in the Calth boxset I thought no better place to start. 

Looking through other blogs on the web I know that some have commented on the lack of pose options available. However for me I do not share that view. Compared to the 40K variants on offer from GW I do not think there is much different. Both 30K and 40K variants would both require some heavy conversion work to get a more dynamic pose. 

As mentioned above never built the Forge World resin variants so cannot really comment on their posing. I will be buying one in the New Year so I will revisit this thought in another post.





The four pictures above show the fully assembled model. I went with the assault cannon arm and whats not to love about whirling barrels of death!

However if you are not a fan of whirling barrels of death, then you can have a Multi-Melta. 

In the third picture you will seem some liquid green stuff this is filling a seam line between the 2 halves, no biggie I have worked with worse. Once dried I will be getting out the nail files and smoothing it out.

I am still working on my chapter. I know it is going to be Loyalist and I looking at Imperial Fists, Salamanders and, Space Wolves. 

Check my next WIP to see which Chapter I have chosen.


If you have built yours or converted drop a comment below and a link to pictures, would love to see them.

Questions and comments always welcome.

Catch you on the flip side.





No comments:

Post a Comment