Element Games - Wargaming Webstore

Sunday 7 December 2014

Infinity Paint Off



Infinity Paint Off


2 of the same figure

2 Painters

1 Month to paint

5 Judges


So this little challenge started as it did as in many of our ideas, through plenty of email and text banter. With it finishing up with I can paint better than you.

With the gauntlet thrown it was now time to choose the figure. We wanted something that neither of us had painted before either as a range or manufacturer. With the wide range of figures that we both have in our collections it took a bit of searching.

Then a Eureka moment hit me.

Infinity.

It has been a range that I have always admired from a distance, the wide range of beautiful sculpts has always drawn me to want to pick up a couple but never found time to take the plunge. So with a cup of tea I sat down and flipped through the pages.

Eventually I settled on the Knights Hospitaller from the PanOcenia faction.


I am not sure if I will be able to match the striking paint job that is shown on their website but it will certainly push my skills. So with the models ordered and arrived in 5 days from their store in Spain, it was down to the prep work. One of the things that struck me was the lack of flash and mold lines. Certainly a lot of care and attention has been put into how this model is going to be cast. 

The model itself came in 7 parts that have locating pegs and slots to allow for very easy assembly. The only real fiddly part are the vans on the side of the helmet, and I  can also maybe some issues in the future if not handled carefully.


So the model is now assembled and ready for its undercoat. I would normally use a grey primer, but as I want my colour's to really pop from the model I am going to use a white undercoat.

Well that is it for today's post, I will see you guys on the flip side.
















No comments:

Post a Comment